Are you experiencing body pain and weakness?
Do you have a fever with a headache?
If yes then, to avoid any risks of severe infection, you must consult Dr Mukesh Mahajan at Phoenix Speciality Clinic.
Dr Mukesh Mahajan is among the best general physician in Pune with 11 plus years of experience. He has expertise in treating patients with several minor to complex medical conditions.
He will discuss the symptoms you have and perform a physical examination. Accordingly, he will provide the best and effective viral fever treatment in Pune. If your symptoms last for longer, he may order a blood test for ruling out the presence of any infections.
What is a viral fever?
Viral fever is the result of acute viral infection caused due to environmental and seasonal changes. It is often identified by an increase in average body temperature, body pain, cold, or cough.
The average body temperature of humans is 37oC (98.6oF), and if the above temperature rises, it is considered a fever. A rise in body temperature indicates that your immune system is fighting with the invading microbes and destroying them.
A virus is capable of infecting various body systems such as the respiratory system, digestive, reproductive, etc.
What are the symptoms of viral fever?
How is a viral fever treated?
After discussing the associated symptoms of the fever, your physician will prescribe medications. In case if there is a probability of bacterial infection or viral infection, such as dengue or flu, your doctor may prescribe antibiotics.
Many antiviral drugs can effectively treat certain viral infections and speed up recovery. You can also take anti-fever medicines or pain killers to reduce the symptoms of painful muscles and fever.
If you experience viral fever, you must rest and have warm, soothing foods like soup or khichdi. Drink sufficient fluids and take the prescribed medicines for faster recovery from the viral infection.
How is viral fever diagnosed?
Your physician cannot diagnose the viral fever only by observing the signs and symptoms. So, your doctor would order some blood, urine tests, or sputum to rule out the presence of any infection.
What are the causes of viral fever?
- Viral fever is the effect of a fight among viruses and the immune system that leads to an increase in body temperature.
- The transmission of viral fever takes place from one person to another. An individual can also get a viral infection through sexual intercourse.
- Consuming contaminated water is one of the main reasons for viral fever. Having unhygienic food can also weaken your immune system.
- Residing in contaminated locations or unhygienic zones may cause viral infections.
- Insects can transmit many viruses, and if they bite you or remain on your food. Then, it may cause viral fevers such as dengue or malaria.
- If you receive blood from the virus-infected person, it will possibly cause a viral infection.
Successful Viral Fever Cough Case Study :
An unknown lady, 58 years old visited Phoenix Multispeciality Clinic for the treatment of fever cough. After the examination, a CT scan and the Covid test, she was found Covid positive.
Doctor advised her for the home isolation, regular consultation via phone and also advised her to take the medicine for 2 weeks and she improved after the treatments. To read more about the case, click here.
While most viral fever signs should reduce in three to four days, but it is safer to visit your general physician if you feel any of the signs and symptoms.