Allergy affects a large number of people in Pune for a variety of reasons. However, the good news is that our best general physician in Pune will provide you with the most effective skin allergy treatment with utmost safety.
You can experience an allergy when your immune system responds to a foreign substance or food that typically causes no reaction in other people, such as pollen, bee venom, or pet dander.
When you develop allergies, your immune system creates antibodies that wrongfully identify a non-harmful allergen as dangerous. When you contact an allergen, your immune system can respond by inflaming your skin, sinuses, airways, or digestive system.
The intensity of allergic reactions differs from person to person and can range from minor irritation to life-threatening complications. Even though no treatment can cure allergies, certain drugs can help reduce the symptoms.
Now let us see the symptoms of allergies:
Allergy symptoms can occur minutes after being exposed to something you're allergic to, but they can also take several hours to appear. Although allergic reactions may be troubling and they may interrupt your day-to-day life.
In most cases, the vast majority who suffer from an allergic reaction is minor. But in a few cases, a severe allergic reaction may lead to a life-threatening complication.
The following symptoms can occur as a result of an allergic reaction:
- Sneezing, as well as a stuffy, itchy, or runny nose (allergic rhinitis).
- Irritated, swollen, and watery feet.
- Coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and shortness of breath are all signs of asthma.
- Itchy and elevated rash.
- Swollen lips, tongue, eyes, or face.
- Indigestion, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhoea.
- Dry, red, and cracked skin.
The symptoms of an allergic reaction vary depending on your body, immune system, and allergen and whether you come into contact with it.
An allergy can often result in a severe life-threatening reaction. This complication affects your whole body and starts showing its effects within minutes of being exposed to an allergen.
The signs and symptoms of a severe allergic reaction are as follows:
- Swollen mouth and throat.
- Respiratory complications
- experiencing dizziness
- Bluish skin or black lips
- Collapsing and losing consciousness
So, how does the diagnosis go at the best general physician clinic in Pune?
Your doctor may recommend any one or both of the tests mentioned below.
- Our doctor or nurse will poke your skin with a needle and apply small amounts of proteins found in potential allergens. You will see a raised bump on your skin at the test site if you are allergic.
- Specific blood tests are used to assess the number of allergy-causing antibodies in your bloodstream. It is also known as immunoglobulin E (IgE) antibodies. We will send your blood sample to a medical laboratory for testing. It will help us to see if there are any signs of possible allergen sensitivity.
If your doctor thinks your symptoms trigger anything other than an allergy, he may recommend a few different tests.
Now let us see the safest way of skin allergy treatment:
Allergy treatment options include:
Allergen avoidance: Your doctor will help you find out what's causing your allergies and how to stop them. This is the most critical step in avoiding allergic reactions and related symptoms.
Medications: Depending on the allergic reaction, we can prescribe a few anti-allergic medications. These medications can help in reducing allergic reactions. Your doctor can prescribe nasal sprays or eye drops also.
Immunotherapy: It is a form of treatment that involves administering allergen extracts to your body. If you have severe allergies or if other therapies aren't working correctly, your general physician may suggest allergen immunotherapy.
In case of emergency: If you have a serious allergy problem, you can carry an emergency epinephrine shot with you at all times. An epinephrine shot effectively treats severe allergic reactions to make you feel better before getting proper medical assistance.