Diabetes is a fatal condition.
Diabetes can cause a lot of complications such as follows-
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Kidney damage
- Damage to eyes
- Damage to foot
- Skin Problems
- Hearing issues
- Depression and anxiety
There is one more major complication caused by diabetes that is not mentioned in the above list!
Can you guess what it is?
Diabetes affects the CPU of the human body!
Yes, you guessed it right! Diabetes affects our brain too! It causes brain damage!
This article discusses how diabetes causes brain damage. It explains the connection between diabetes and the brain.
How does diabetes affect the brain?
The brain is sensitive to the amount of glucose or sugar it receives. High blood sugar as well as low blood sugar both have an adverse effect on our brain. Diabetes leads to high blood sugar which is damaging for the brain whereas treatment of diabetes leads to low blood sugar which again is damaging for the brain. Yes, both situations are equally dangerous!
How does high blood sugar affect the brain?
High blood sugar causes damage to the blood vessels in the brain. This affects the white matter of the brain. White matter is the part of the brain where nerves connect and communicate to perform everyday tasks.
This connectivity gets impacted due to high blood sugar levels in the brain which in turn leads to problems such as vascular dementia or vascular cognitive impairment (changes in thinking). If you are suffering from diabetes for a long time, the risk of cognitive impairment increases.
People having type 2 diabetes are more prone to suffer from cognitive impairment. Diabetes can also cause memory problems and affect one's reasoning ability.
So, it is very crucial to manage diabetes. One can manage their diabetes well by visiting the famous general physician clinic in Pune. You can get the best diabetes treatment in Pune there.
Now let us discuss how low blood sugar affects the brain.
How does low blood sugar affect the brain?
Diabetes management is important, but it should be done carefully, or else it can lead to low blood sugar levels. Low blood sugar can affect thinking and lead to dizziness, poor coordination, nausea, etc. It can also result in seizures and can lead to coma. So, low blood sugar is equally risky.
There is also research that says diabetes can cause Alzheimer's disease. But how true is this?
Read further to find out!
People having type 2 diabetes are more prone to developing Alzheimer's than those who don't have diabetes. People with diabetes usually suffer from a vascular cognitive impairment which in turn can lead to Alzheimer's disease.
And did you know that diabetes also makes your brain age faster?
Yes, research has shown that the brain of people having diabetes age faster than the brain of people not having diabetes.
So, we conclude that diabetes is very harmful especially for our brain. It can cause brain damage and affect one's thinking. So, it is very important to manage diabetes.
How can one manage diabetes?
One can manage diabetes effectively by visiting the top doctor in Keshav Nagar, Pune. One can also manage diabetes in the following ways:
- Maintain proper weight: Obesity can make one more prone to diabetes. So, it is essential to keep a check on one's weight and maintain a healthy weight through proper diet and exercise.
- Avoid sugary foods: Sugary foods can worsen diabetes and lead to a lot of harm. So, it is important to avoid or consume fewer foods that are high in sugar.
- Eat healthy: It is essential to keep a check on what you eat to keep your diabetes in check. The experienced doctor in Keshav Nagar, Pune advises one to follow a balanced diet and consume healthy fruits and vegetables and avoid unhealthy food to keep diabetes in control.
- Exercise regularly: Exercising is the key to managing diabetes. Regular exercising is very helpful in effective diabetes management and it also helps in improving one's overall health.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking: Smoking and alcohol are injurious to health and can worsen diabetes. People who smoke or consume alcohol are more prone to suffer from diabetes. So, it is important to stay away from unhealthy habits such as smoking and alcohol to stay away from diabetes.
For better diabetes management and to avoid negative consequences of diabetes such as brain damage, visit the best and famous general physician clinic in Pune right now!
Now is the time to say diabetes goodbye!