If you feel very weak and tired, it is advisable to visit a general physician for a medical checkup.
You can visit the Best Multispecialty Clinic in Keshav Nagar, Pune, if you are residing in Pune. Dr Mukesh Mahajan is one of the best general physicians in Keshav Nagar, Pune, who offers treatment to patients suffering from anemia and other blood disorders.
Anaemia refers to a health condition where there is an inadequate number of healthy red blood cells that can carry oxygen to the other organs of the body. An anemic patient complains of fatigue and weakness.
The most common signs of anemia are -
- Fatigue and tiredness
- Feeling cold
- Shortness of breath
- Rapid heartbeat
- Restlessness in the legs
- Dry and pale skin
- Bruised skin
- Sore tongue
What causes anemia?
- Iron Deficiency anemia is the most common type of anemia, and it occurs due to less iron in the body. The body requires iron to produce hemoglobin which carries oxygen across the body.
- Anemia occurs due to vitamin B12 deficiency; either the body cannot absorb it, or the patient’s diet lacks vitamin B12.
- Anemia occurs due to folic acid deficiency; either the body cannot absorb it, or the patient’s diet lacks folic acid.
- Sickle cell anemia or thalassemia deficiency is due to genetic factors.
- Hemolytic anemia is a condition in which there is a rapid breakdown of blood cells.
- Certain health disorders such as hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, advanced kidney disease, lupus also lead to anemic conditions in the patient.
- Anemia can also be on account of health issues such as haemorrhoids or gastritis and gastritis.
Diagnosis of Anaemia
Dr. Mukesh Mahajan of the Phoenix Multispeciality Clinic, Keshav Nagar, Pune, offers the most comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of anemia. The cost of anemic treatment is quite affordable, with good outcomes.
To begin with, Dr. Mahajan will conduct a physical checkup of the patient and understand his or her symptoms. He will then proceed to recommend certain screening tests to understand the root cause of anaemia.
There are special tests that help in detecting anaemia. The main test is the Complete Blood Count – CBC, which states the number of red blood cells, size, and shape in the body.
If required, the doctor suggests blood tests that show the amount of iron in the body and B12 and B9. Other specialized tests essential are colonoscopy to detect gastrointestinal bleeding, tests for detecting hemolytic anemia, and bone marrow biopsy in extreme conditions.
The doctor will suggest treatment as per the diagnosis of the screening tests. If the anemia is due to a lack of iron in the diet, the doctor will prescribe
- Oral iron supplements
- Food rich in iron
- Iron through intravenous infusion, i.e., IV, if the deficiency is due to chronic kidney disease.
- Red blood cells transfusion
Bone Marrow treatment is suggested to treat iron deficiency caused by sickle cell anemia or thalassemia, or other genetic causes.
Anaemia due to internal bleeding requires surgical treatment, especially if the patient is suffering from hiatal hernias of the para oesophagus with or without ulcers.
As one of the general physician doctors in Pune, Dr Mahajan offers useful and easy-to-follow advice on managing anaemia.
Management of anaemia
- It is very important to manage anemia to stay as healthy as possible. An anemic patient should manage his or her health in the following ways
- Consume healthy foods
- Stay well hydrated
- Regular exercise
- Maintain good hygiene to prevent infection
- Go for medical checkups regularly
- Good dental health and hygiene
- Notice changes in the health conditions and consult the doctor regularly.
Dr. Mukesh Mahajan has established a multispecialty clinic to treat the residents of Keshav Nagar and surrounding areas in Pune City.
He aims to provide the most suitable medical treatments for anemia and all types of ailments, diseases, and disorders at a reasonable cost.
Over the years, Phoenix Multispecialty Clinic is recognized as the Best Multispecialty Clinic in Keshav Nagar, Pune.